CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why my husband?

Why I met my husband...

The past few Wednesdays at church we have been having prayer meetings...

We go to church...sing...then we take prayer requests....

we turn the lights down...turn some relaxing worship music on...

and find a place to pray



Just you...and God...

talking....listening



I have thoroughly enjoyed these prayer meetings...and I feel like I have gotten alot out of them.

I honestly never thought I would..so I am a little suprised.



To share with you a little of my past...

When I was a little girl...my mom and dad never TOOK me to church...it was MY decision to go. I went to the First Baptist church...



it was the biggest in our little town of 200 people

all my friends went there

they had a summer camp that was awesome

they went on field trips..

and had fun..



but what do you expect when a 10 year old picks out a church..



I wasn't exactly looking for doctrine at that age...



So all my life I have been taught about the Trinity and God not caring what you wear just go to church...how women are to be silent in church......



OK...fast forward a few decades...



When I met my husband..I wasn't going to church..I was to busy being **21** (woohoo!)



So when we decided to get serious...and started the talk about having a family..I told him I want my children to be raised in church...I wasn't and made that decision myself..and I know that God tells you that if you raise a child up in the name of the Lord..when they get older they will not depart from it. And the way this world is...we need Jesus!



The Baptist church where we live now is SO HUGE..that I actually got lost trying to go to the worship center. It is like a college with different buildings...it felt like I was a stranger...I didn't like it.

My husband's family goes to a United Penecostal Church.

What?

Wow!

I didn't know if I could handle that...or turn from my ways and solely accept thiers.



But my first time there...I felt so welcomed...so loved....it was so inviting...

and my first service there I felt the Lord...and realized that it didn't matter what building you were in ...Jesus was everwhere....

So I knew that God knew how confused I was...but I was trying.



and to this day (yes we are back to the present) I am still trying...

There are a few things...that have changed my thinking...



like the Trinity...

I no longer believe in that...

I believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is all one thing.



Like I am me, and Lyla is me, and my soul is me

All Me!



I believe that you need to be baptized "in Jesus name for the remission of your sins"

Acts 2:38 tells you plain as day



............and throughout these prayer meetings.....

I have come to realize that the reason I met my husband is so that I would find that church...because there is no way that i would be living in the town i am...going to that church if I hadn't met him.



And my husband and I will talk all the time about how many places we have been in the past...together...but never noticed each other. So crazy!



So it makes me really feel that I have met the ONE that I am supposed to be with on this journey of life.



Our last prayer meeting on Wednesday ...I was praying and just stopped to listen ....I didn't know what I was listening for...or if I would fall asleep...but I started thinking...and thoughts just kept popping in my mind...

like...

if I was walking down my sidewalk...and someone noticed me...would they know as soon as they seen me..that I believe in God.

as hard as that is to answer ...No

Why?

because if you think about it....

if you see a woman in a skirt...with long hair...no make up....

what do you think?

She is Pentecostal. And we all know...that Penecostals "get with it"

They worship...like no other religion I have seen in my life!



When you see a Pentecostal woman ...you know that she believes in God...and that she is a praying woman....

if you have a need...get her to pray with you...



There have been many people just walk up to my mother in law and ask her where she goes to church because they are looking for somewhere to go...just because of what she wears...



and I know this is going to be hard for me...and I really don't wanna do it....I have had all these feeling before...I wrote not to long ago about this same situation here but I am feeling God tug at me....when I wear jeans and a Tshirt....I look like everyone else in this world....I don't want to be OF THIS WORLD...I want this world to know that I plan on seeing Jesus one day!



I want people to know that I am a Godly person....



And if you know me..you know that by all means I am NOT a dressy person...

at all!



So this is going to be hard..and I am going to have to lean on God....alot!



But I feel like if I stepped out in faith and did what God is asking of me..that he will do amazing things through me!

and that is worth it all!



hmm...

just my thought before i go to bed

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Labels