CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lyla's First Shots

Today Lyla got her two month old shots! Mom met me at work with her and we went up to Ft. Smith to Dr. Whittaker's office to get her shots. I was so nervous! I did pretty good though....but I was waiting for the fight because I didn't want her getting five or six shots at a time...that is just to much I think! We waited and waited in the waiting room and by the time we got back into the room we had to wait some more and Lyla started to get sleepy. I didnt want her to go to sleep because if the poked her while she was asleep I figured it would scare her to death so I tried to keep her awake. The nurse came in and wieghed her ( 11 pounds ) and measured her ( 24 inches ) and told us she looked healthy...she was growing good!! Then the dr came in and told us the same thing....he checked her eyes and ears and moved her legs around...he pressed on her belly and hit her tickle spot and she starting cracking up! Then he said the nurse would be in a min to give her the shots....my heart dropped! Well she came in and explained what she would be getting and I explained to her what she wouldn't be getting....and we comprimised on three shots. Two in one leg and the most potent one in the other leg. The first one Lyla didn't cry to bad..then the second and the third...she screamed! I know it hurt and when she hurts...I hurt! So I starting crying because my heart was breaking...and there was nothing I could do to make it stop hurting. When mom seen me start to cry..she started crying...then when Colton seen us all crying he started crying. Colton was more mad than anything...he didn't like that the nurse held her legs down to give her a shot! He took Gregg's place very well..Gregg was at work...I scheduled it that way on purpose because Gregg would have had a fit!!! Well I gave her to mom after she calmed down a little...Mom got her dressed while I fixed her a bottle because she was also hungry and tired along with hurting! So after I got her bottle fixed and she was dressed I held her and walked down to the truck...and cuddled with her for just a min...I think she was OK faster than I was....Grandpa James called about four times to see how she was doing! I called Gregg as soon as we got out to tell him everything was fine! He was worried about her all day today! When we got in the truck...she was fine..and sleepy...she fell asleep about five minutes after we starting driving...so we stopped by Academy to get Uncle Colton a new slingshot..then we went to Wal-Mart to get Lyla some apple juice ...then we went home!
So I think they give infants shots just to torture the mother a little bit more...are they trying to get us ready for the teenage years or what? But they told me on her four month and six month shots...she will cry a little but it won't be as bad! I still don't know if Dad will go to those or not! We'll see.... :)

1 comments:

Flwrchld said...

When my youngest child was a baby and we went in for his two month shots it was a nightmare. Be glad the nurse(s) held down Lyla's leg. The nurse who gave my baby a shot that day screwed up! She didn't hold his leg down and she didn't tell me to, I just had him sittin in my lap. Well.....
he jerked his leg when the needle went it, it ripped his skin and bent the needle. He cried, I cried and yep, the nurse cried worse than any of us.

Blog Archive

Labels